iPod Nano

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 16 01:33:42 UTC 2007

Chris Aitken wrote:
> Dave Germiquet wrote:

<snip>
> tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
> none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
> sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
> /dev/sdd1 on /media/IPOD_ type vfat
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal,shortname=lower,uid=500)
I read the entire gtkpod manual. In the manual it suggests to do a
command line unmount as root as such:

eject /dev/sdd1

I did that, and when I was about to pull the USB cord out of the iPod I
saw that the iPod 'Song' menu showed '8 songs'. Maybe it read, '8 songs'
a few steps before that, but I wanted to let you know the last step I
took before I noticed the good news on the iPod menu. I almost shed a
tear when I saw the '8 songs' on the menu. I'm listening to songs on the
iPod as I write this. Thanks so much guys!

Chris

<snip>