iPod Nano

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 16 13:04:22 UTC 2007

Chris Aitken wrote:
>> Dave Germiquet wrote:
>>
> <snip>
>> tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
>> none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
>> sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
>> /dev/sdd1 on /media/IPOD_ type vfat
>> (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal,shortname=lower,uid=500)
> I read the entire gtkpod manual. In the manual it suggests to do a
> command line unmount as root as such:
>
> eject /dev/sdd1
>
> I did that, and when I was about to pull the USB cord out of the iPod
> I saw that the iPod 'Song' menu showed '8 songs'. Maybe it read, '8
> songs' a few steps before that, but I wanted to let you know the last
> step I took before I noticed the good news on the iPod menu.
Oh, yeah, there was another "last step": I think I had the wrong iPod
model selected in gtkpod. I had 'Nano (2nd gen) > 4 GB Nano (Silver)'
but didn't notice that there was a 'Nano /Video/ (3rd gen) > 4 GB Nano
(Silver)' model as well. I guess since I'm primarily interested in audio
I kinda blocked 'Video' out of my mind. Anyway, I selected the 'Nano
/Video/ (3rd gen) > 4 GB Nano (Silver)', which modified the entry in
/media/IPOD_/iPod_Control/Device/SysInfo. That might have been what got
it working. It seems doubtful that a command-line eject /dev/sdd1 would
make everything work.

Chris

<snip>