printing .pdf

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 1 20:12:48 UTC 2007

| From: Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>

| > [root at p733 chris]# rpm -qf `which lpr`
| > cups-1.2.12-4.fc7
|
| Hmm, in that case it makes no sense that lpr doesn't work.  I gave up on
| redhat because of stupid bugs in their packages.  I am really starting
| to get the impression fedora hasn't improved on things.

Fedora works pretty well.  I've used it on my desktop and other places
since it first came out.

I don't know why Chris is having so many problems.  Perhaps he is making
mistakes that I've not thought of making and hence hitting rough patches
in Fedora that I've never seen.

In particular, he seems to be being bold without deeply understanding what
he is doing.  That is an admirable quality but it can dig you into deeper
holes.