yum

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 1 12:23:00 UTC 2007

I've hit a roadblock with trying to get iPod nano working under fedora
7. The roadblock is that yum is broken. It points to repositories that
don't work. I can't ping the repositories - so it's not just yum - I
guess those repositories have been retired. I've asked several times in
the iPod thread if there is a working repository and how I can point yum
to it. I've had no response, so I'm starting a thread to ge my yum
working. I don't mind doing a little work but when I get no response I
don't know if that means I should go to another list, that list people
are out of ideas, yum cannot be fixed, people dislike troubleshooting or
that I'm being a pest and I should simply go away for a little while.

I saw a post from someone when I was googling this subject. He got sick
of yum breaking in rh/fedora and switched to debian. The post was
entitled 'apt-get delete fedora, apt-get install debian'. For all the
things I want to do, have I outgrown rh/fedora?

If I can get yum fixed I would rather stick with fedora. I have managed
(with your help) to get my system doing everything else I want it to
(ripping/burning to CD, recording in audacity, configured emu1212-m pci
soundcard, printing/printing across network, etc.).

I get it that you guys are working for nothing - and I have no doubt
that I'm one of the more frustrating guys to help. Thank you.

Chris