bbkeys and the space bar

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 8 13:32:00 UTC 2007

On 3/7/07, William O'Higgins Witteman <william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I switched from blackbox a few years ago because there was no longer
> activity on the project and I couldn't quite tweak it the way I liked.
> I ended up with Openbox, and I've been very happy.  It is a bit faster
> than blackbox, and the keybindings are built in and totally
> customizable.  It is very nearly featureless, but that's what I like
> about it.

I also noted the inactivity, but they resurrected themselves and
revised a lot of things - breaking compatibility with the earlier
revisions and going straight towards window manager standards
compliance.

Openbox is interesting.  I played with fluxbox but was too annoyed at
some things - like not being able to resize from more than the one
corner of the window.

But I prefer to keep blackbox.. it does very well for me, aside from
this one thing.. which is really just a bbkeys thing.

--+

And hotkey management built into a window manager (icewm) seems
strange and wrong to me.. =)