kate without KDE

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 8 00:14:58 UTC 2007

On 3/7/07, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Take a look at what keys bbkeys is trapping:

It's running the exact same bbkeysrc as I have at work, so I know
that's not the issue.

Strangely, my home computer runs kate properly.  I think Jamon was
onto something..

> At this point I've reassigned pretty much all the WM hotkeys to the
> Windows key - I use WinKey-<Number> to change desktops, WinKey-P to
> pull up a Program menu (dmenu from wmii :-) etc., etc.  It takes a
> while to adjust to, but greatly reduces key conflicts.

Hmm, good idea.  I wasn't sure what the key name was..

I might try it, but I still have a lot of hatred from running dos
shooter games in windows 3.1 and getting my butt kicked because I
tapped the wrong key and got kicked out of fullscreen mode.  =)

I was quite dismayed when I couldn't order my current keyboard without
that key.  I can't find a proper buckling spring keyboard (as USB!)
without that key.  =/

That reminds me about something I ought to make another thread for..