linuxcaffe workshop; The Art of Ardour

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 19 18:12:29 UTC 2007

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

>     For all *TLUG meetings, lack of notice is a major problem. There
>     should be at least a week's notice of a meeting, and a reminder
>     the day before.

Come on.

TLUG has been meeting regularly on the 2nd Tuesday of the month for more
than a decade.
It may be a problem for those looking to pick and choose specific
topics, but not a problem with the general issue of "when is the next
meeting?".
The meeting location has also been reasonably stable.

Te argument of lack of specific notice is legitimate in the reasons why
TLUG doen't attract a lot of newcomers. However, people who have been
here for a while ought to be at least aware of the recurring pattern of
meeting dates/places.

>     For NewTLUG, the travel time is also a factor; I have yet to make
>     it to one of them.

The decision to have NewTLUG in the north, while TLUG remained central,
was deliberate. If you couldn't make downtown easily, you could do the
uptown events and vice versa.

- Evan