DSL service [was Re:TLUG Mail list archives?]

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 9 18:09:19 UTC 2007

>> Today the Bell Service Guy came by early in the morning, while I
>> was still at home. He didn't knock, he just measured the line,
>> decided it was OK, and put a piece of paper through the door saying
>> 'Sorry I missed you since you weren't home.'
>>
>> And he left an advert for Sympatico, just in case we were keen to
>> switch to someone else.
>
> That is reprehensible behaviour. No matter what you may think of
> Pathcom, you should report this incident to them. If I ran Pathcom, I
> would be quite upset if I *paid* to have Bell show up on my behalf
> and drop off a flyer exhorting my client to switch.

The first Bell Guy who was here said that they are paid a bonus for each
Sympatico customer they find.

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto