what to use instead of skype?

Patrick Allen pallen3-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 7 04:40:07 UTC 2007

Hi Matt, and List,

Matt Price wrote:
<sinp>
> So my question:  Is there a video conferencing app that works across
> platforms?

I'm unsure of it's "conferencing" capabilities, but Kopete really
surprised me recently and actually recognizes my USB webcam and it works
with Yahoo.  Friends running a windows client for Yahoo were able to see
my camera without a problem.

I've yet to explore exactly how well everything works.  But everything
was a green light right from the Synaptic install.

2.6.17
KDE 3.5.5
--

Patrick Allen