what to use instead of skype?

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 6 04:09:02 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-01 at 18:37 -0500, Marcel Gagne wrote:
> Hello Matt,
>
> On Friday 05 January 2007 17:12, Matt Price wrote:
> >
> > So my question:  Is there a video conferencing app that works across
> > platforms (windows/linux most important, but my brother and his kiids
> > are on mac, so all three would be better) that I can sell as a skype
> > alternative?
>
> A superb (cross platform) alternative with video support included for Linux is
> WengoPhone. Cheaper than Skype by a long shot if you want to call landlines.
> It's also a SIP phone so you can use it to call other SIP phones.
>
>   http://www.wengophone.com/index.php/homePage
>
> Take care out there.

alas, I am having immense trouble getting wengophoneto work on my
laptop.  not usre if it's a soundcard error or something else, but it
don't work at all for me; if I call the test number (333) I get only
some vague crackling static and naught else.  If the situation improves
I'll definitely switch though...

matt

--
Matt Price