LCD TVs, computers, & linux

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 5 23:19:23 UTC 2007

On Friday 05 January 2007 18:06, Alex Maynard wrote:

> My wife and I have decided to finally splurge on a mid-sized flat screen
> TV. I was hoping at some point in the future to be able to use it as an
> extra large monitor now and then. I don't know that at all realistic. If it

We bought one last summer and use it periodically with the laptop to see our
digital pictures in 37" VGA mode.  In our case connect the laptop, flip it to
VGA out, end of story.

If you wanted to do crazy things like play video games then there would
probably be a lot more to consider.  One of these days I'm planning to get a
computer permanently connected to the TV for general use.