Compiling ntop on fc6

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 16 17:00:25 UTC 2007

Kihara Muriithi wrote:

>      > checking whether  accepts -g... no
>      >
>      > www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ntop/users/18923
>     <http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ntop/users/18923>
>
>     That looks suspiciously like you don't even have gcc/g77 installed.
>

> I do have gcc installed through yum for sure. That is backed by a rpm
> query. I am however not sure if gcc/g77 is installed. My assumption was
> that installing gcc avails all the compilers. How would you use rpm to
> query for gcc sub components?
>  I also thought most of the nos weren't critical. I will try to install
> all those required binaries, but it will be a pain. What looked critical
> though, was the error before configuration script bailed out - ie
> couldn't find rrd. That is where I have taken a lot of time looking

Try installing compat-gcc-34-g77:

yum show compat-gcc-34-g77

compat-gcc-34-g77
The compat-gcc-34-g77 package provides support for compiling Fortran 77
programs with the GNU Compiler Collection.

The package may be a different version on FC6 (I'm on 7test1), but I
think that package should do it. For some reason yum doesn't grab a lot
of gcc stuff that I would consider a dependency. Regardless, try that
package and see what happens.

Jamon