Compiling ntop on fc6

Kihara Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 16 16:44:47 UTC 2007

> > checking whether  accepts -g... no
> >
> > www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ntop/users/18923
>
> That looks suspiciously like you don't even have gcc/g77 installed.

I do have gcc installed through yum for sure. That is backed by a rpm query.
I am however not sure if gcc/g77 is installed. My assumption was that
installing gcc avails all the compilers. How would you use rpm to query for
gcc sub components?
 I also thought most of the nos weren't critical. I will try to install all
those required binaries, but it will be a pain. What looked critical though,
was the error before configuration script bailed out - ie couldn't find rrd.
That is where I have taken a lot of time looking

William