Recommendations for AGP video card

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 30 16:17:42 UTC 2007

Currently my desktop has a GeForce FX 5500 (analog and DVI output) which
is proving to be a bit flaky when connected to my new (for Xmas) LG
L196WTQ 19" LCD monitor. The vid card's flakiness is apparent in both
Win XP and Mepis 6.5 & 7. As a precaution, I checked the monitor against
another system and it's fine. In Windows the screen blacks out randomly
for a second or two and in Mepis there are many inoperative pixels at
the edges of the screen The monitor's resolution is 1440 x 900 and I
made the necessary edits to xorg.conf. I want to replace this card and
what I need are recommendations for a card to replace this one (no more
than $100.00).

TIA

John