MythTV presentation sources and resources.

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 18 16:52:26 UTC 2007

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 11:06:52AM -0500, Anthony de Boer wrote:
> Would help if the DNS for that domain wasn't presently laying in tatters.
>
> Meanwhile, availability of some of the bits in this area would be a
> helpful part of this.  Some items mentioned on the major MythTV pages
> might be discontinued or otherwise unavailable in Canada at present.  The
> docs suggest that the DVR-350 card is the thing one wants, and from your
> earlier note that you were able to obtain a used one, so it sounds like
> there's a bit of an issue with tracking those down.  If there's a
> replacement that works under Linux (especially the output to a TV; it
> seems like most video cards prefer proprietary drivers) the state of play
> there would be useful to figure out.

PVR-350 not DVR-350.  Not sure who sells those (if they are available
anymore).  Personally I think the PVR-500 is the way to go.  Two tuners
from one cable input in one pci slot.  I much prefer using the SVIDEO or
Component output on my nvidia card instead.  Much more flexible.  And I
get to take advantage of the opengl effects in mythtv as well.  Once
upon a time hardware mpeg2 decoding was a nice feature to have, but who
doesn't have enough cpu power to decode mpeg2 (especially with Xvideo
support in the driver for the video card) without hardware decoding?

--
Len Sorensen