Security considerations for EEE PC

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 1 04:49:24 UTC 2007

  Sorry for the delay replying, I'm still figuring out my new mail config

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 09:05:14AM -0500, Henry de Valence wrote

>  I read somewhere that there was one or two, because ASUS was
>  apparently
> violating the GPL.
>
> link:
> http://cliffhacks.blogspot.com/2007/11/asus-eeepc-first-impressions-and-gpl.html

  Apparently an "oops" on the part of ASUS.  They've fixed things
according to
> http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/11/27/asus-resolves-eee-gpl-violation-releases-asus_acpi-code-changes

> additional source code archives available for download with code for
> the asus_acpi module, BusyBox, and several other components. The code
> released by Asus brings the company into compliance with its
> obligations
> under the GPL and should satisfy most of the critics.
>
> The source code changes made by Asus are important because the
> availability of that code will simplify the process of making other
> Linux distributions perform better on the Eee PC.

  What I'm waiting for is the EEE PC 8G model due to show up today.
It'll have a gig of ram and an 8 gig SSD.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?