Linux and gaming - sapling program

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 25 13:40:19 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 08:57:12PM -0400, tleslie wrote:
> the prey demo?, is that the "prey" that was released for Xbox last year?
> what prey demo would one be using? one intended for a PC version?
> "prey" for X-box had pretty decent graphics and an innovative
> gravity flip around thingy, but lacked good subplots.
>
> It would be impressive to so that running on a linux box i do say!
>
> post more details that you find.

Well after reading their forums it seems they intend to have
'converters' which tear apart the windows binary, then replace calls to
directx libraries and such with calls to their own code (using SDL as
far as I understand it for some of it), and then assemble the chunks of
code into a linux or mac or windows excutable (part of their plan is to
support directx10 games running on win xp).

--
Len Sorensen