Welcome to Microsoft !!!

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 23 21:44:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 01:44:27PM -0400, Chris Cunnington wrote:
> I've bought a Microsoft Vista laden computer because ...
>
> So, since I have to leave Mac, and learn Microsoft, I need to know a few
> things.
>
> 1. What do Microsofties use instead of Fetch for uploading files for a
> website to a server (ftp client)?

Well there is a command line ftp client, but it is very crappy.  I think
ie and firefox can do ftp.  Could install cygwin and use ncftp.

> 2. Where's my Terminal? I need to find the application in Vista/XP that will
> present me with a command line I can summon vi from. Where is that?

I tend to do 'windows-R then cmd<enter>'.

Not much of a command line or terminal of course.  cygwin makes a better
one for sure.

For ssh, putty seems best.

--
Len Sorensen