off topicthe home of tomorrow?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 8 01:45:33 UTC 2006

Colin McGregor wrote:

>> BTW, VE3ZU here.
>
> Which qualifications? I have Basic and Advanced (yes,
> I really ought to sit down and learn Morse, but I
> haven't yet), and it has been too long since I have
> been at all active. Basically all my activity was on 2
> meters...

The old Advanced, which required 15 words per minute of code, plus
theory and regs.  I got my 1st licence in Feb. 1972 and the Advanced 1
year and 3 days later (back in those days you had to operate for a year,
before going for the Advanced).  No multiple guess back in those days.
The written exams were essay type and on the basic license, you also had
to draw several schematics and then answer questions about what you'd
drawn.  Back then, the Basic license also required 10 WPM.