What is it with Workshops ?

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 29 14:51:03 UTC 2006

Yesterday, Matvey Kippershtein came in to linuxcaffe to host his
"Wellness workshop for IT workers. The workshop had been posted on our
site, the notice went out to several lugs and some light postering was
done. A handful of people expressed active interest in attending, the
general reaction was positive; good idea, but NOBODY showed up !
This is the second time we have had a total no-show for a workshop.
The first one was a linux audio workshop, with Sam and Dave.

My question to you, good Toronto Linux Enthusiasts is; why ?

wrong topics?
wrong venue?
wrong timeslot ?
wrong promo ?

I'm sure that the fourth (promo) could be vastly improved, but in the
case of the wellness workshop, I was confident the the folks we DID
reach were local and well targeted.

Does anybody want to see events where knowledge is shared ?
Should we keep trying ?
Is there a combination that would be more effective ?
Do you suppose anyone will attend the proposed MythTV workshop, next week ?
 Any thoughts ?

djp

djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
www.linuxcaffe.ca