Is there a simple streaming audio (.pls) player?

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 30 06:47:45 UTC 2006

suse sled 10  work with live365 out of the box.
keep in mind you have to make a setting in your config at live365 on how
it plays.

what pisses me off is that there is the mp3 extention technology they
use so
if your player supports it, you get a better quality feed.
in fact, at least with the stations i listen too, they are a
med. quality feed, but have the mp3 extention on them,
of course in googling, etc i see no player for linux that supports this,
so that does suck.  Then again that probably a very very  proprietary
add on that the world can generally do without (when applied to such a
general market).

-tl