reiserfs

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 11 20:53:45 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 03:11:18PM -0400, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> Haven't had that happen personally and I've had some pretty heavily loaded
> stuff, used online resizing a lot, etc.
>
> Out of curiousity what filesystem do you use to store your larger postgresql
> databases on?
>
> P.S. Thanks for doing the talk last night, very informative.

Having had reiserfs3 corrupt files on me, and XFS crash with OOM
problems (which I believe were fixed in later 2.6 kernels), I am
sticking with ext3, which so far hasn't given me problems even when I do
stupid things (like terminate a resize part way through when a cisco pix
dropped my ssh connection).

I just can't see reiserfs4's new features as anything I care about.
ext3devel/ext4 on the other hand is actually adding stuff I can imagine
being useful.

--
Len Sorensen