Japan's Telephone system

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 11 03:18:00 UTC 2006

Merv Curley wrote:
> I went and bought this modem just to see how it does in Linux,  and if he can
> get the same one there and has problems then perhaps I can help.  The AT
> command set is very limited in the manual, but I'll see if I can get
> unit.

FWIW, I found that one of the best *n*x-based modem torture tests
available is the HylaFax installation system, which does a fairly
elaborate conversation with the modem to see what's supported. While
obviously heavy on the faxmodem testing, it does a good job of
exercising the good old Hayes command set (as well as the serial port if
it's an external).

- Evan