net-snmp-iptables and mrtg

Teddy David Mills teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 9 09:32:52 UTC 2006

I was trying to get MRTG up and running, but first had to get net-snmp
installed and running correctly.
net-snmp seems to be installed and running okay. (this is not 100% sure)

If I disable iptables, snmp and snmpwalk work fine.(displays miles of
jargon)

If I enable iptables, snmpd and snmptrapd daemons start up without
errors,  have no log errors and processes show up in ps.
Then i run snmpwalk with iptables enabled...and get the sendto:
operation not permitted.

My iptables enables INPUT and OUPUT udp/161 and udp/162