net-snmp-iptables and mrtg

Teddy David Mills teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 9 13:15:16 UTC 2006

I removed the net-snmp rpms 5.1.2x
I installed the current sourcetars of net-snmp 5.31. however net-snmp
does not compile and gives the error..

libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libbeecrypt.la' or
unhandled argument `/usr/lib/libbeecrypt.la'
make[1]: *** [snmpd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/packages/net-snmp-5.4.pre3/agent'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1

I had to try the net-snmp 5.4pre3 because the 5.31 had the same error.
Everyone says to fix this bug, install beecrypt-devel...but I have no
clue where this is right now...