webdav and spreadsheets

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 7 20:16:03 UTC 2006

On Saturday 07 October 2006 14:01, Christopher Browne wrote:
> On 10/4/06, dave morton <dmortondc-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > we use a linux/apache webdav server for group calendaring. The calendars
> > work great (some folks are using sunbird and some are using the firefox
> > calendar extension to access the site) All is smooth, no problems.
> >
> > anyone know of a product which can do basic spreadsheets? i guess it
> > would have to use xml or some similar voodoo in order to manipulate the
> > data live.
>
> There are a bunch of companies that have products to do this;

These things are easy to program, now, using JavaScript. Though this is the
ugliest of possible programming languages it has the power to communicate
with the server and replace the data shown on web page. This gives it
incredible capabilities. This is the future of the web programming (actually
things started already but are not broadly known). I am doing that sort of
programming.

zb.