webdav and spreadsheets

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 7 18:01:43 UTC 2006

On 10/4/06, dave morton <dmortondc-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> we use a linux/apache webdav server for group calendaring. The calendars
> work great (some folks are using sunbird and some are using the firefox
> calendar extension to access the site) All is smooth, no problems.
>
> anyone know of a product which can do basic spreadsheets? i guess it would
> have to use xml or some similar voodoo in order to manipulate the data live.

There are a bunch of companies that have products to do this; it's not
generally free software; they won't let you have the code.  Google
Spreadsheets is most notable, but there are plenty of them:
- JotSpot
- Writeboard
- Zoho
- ThinkFree
- irows
- numsum

The only "product" for this that you can self-host that I know of is:
<http://web.peoriadesignweb.com/spreadsheet/index.php>
Uses Linux/Apache; NOT free...
Oddly enough, this is completely standard behaviour for shells. This
is a roundabout way of saying `don't use combined chains of `&&'s and
`||'s unless you think Gödel's theorem is for sissies'.