Linux in Education

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 1 20:57:26 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 03:43:27PM -0400, David J Patrick wrote:
> In perfect coincidence, I have been wanting to round up a meeting
> between some of our more experienced, articulate geeks, and a group of
> local teachers, representatives of the local alternative school and
> the Canadian Teachers Federation.

Are we sure we want to target teachers?  Because you'll be talking to
deaf ears.  We need to target those who control the purse string, ie.
those who signs paychecks of teachers, IT staffs, etc.

> The focus of this little get
> together will be Nigeria, and a project called Operation Overseas. We
> want to assemble a bundle of software and hardware to address a
> pressing need.  In the process, the various benefits of Open Source
> will be revealed, as well as introduction to the thriving OSS
> community. If anyone feels they may have something to contribute, come
> on down !

We definitely need to get together to talk about what we're selling and
what we think Ministry wants to buy.  Things like "benefit of OSS"...
even I don't know what that means.  Nothing is free.

As for time... I can swing by any GTA location, after rush hour, say
after 7pm.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
BashDiff: Super Bash shell