Linux in Education

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 2 04:34:40 UTC 2006

On 9/30/06, Marc Lijour <marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I invite you and the interested TLUGers to gather around a table to discuss
> the following points.
>
> 1. what can FOSS and Linux can offer to the Ontario schools they don't already
> have
> 2. TCO
> 3. linux advocacy
> 4. existing educational projects involving FOSS you know about
> 5. FOSS evaluation (openBRR and similar)

Hi Marc... This might be of interest... A blog focused on the use of
free software in schools:

http://stevehargadon.blogspot.com/

I just listened to a interview with John Selmys - one of the
organizers of the upcoming FSOSS symposium at Seneca - and the
discussion is about the use of free software in the Toronto school
district:

http://educationbridges.net/k12opensource/wp-content/uploads/johnselmys.ogg

There a few more podcasts as well that look interesting... Interviews
with Maddog and other Linux luminaries.