report cards read-only on floppy

Chris Aitken caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 27 23:51:27 UTC 2006

I'm to write report cards in Open Office. I use a floppy so I can go
from school PC to my studio PC to my daughter's PC to my wife's PC. And
yes, I do backups here and there but I will lose some informaitn if I
don't solve this permissions thing. I thought that chmod 777 -R
/mnt/floppy/* usually fixes any problems that arise but not this time.
Now I can't even get into the files (other than as read-only) on my own PC.

Any ideas?

Chris