Non-US based hosting?

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 29 17:12:15 UTC 2006

William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for hosting where the server is not
> within the United States?
[snip]
> Canadian companies are preferred, but mostly I'm interested in where my
> sites *aren't* hosted (the US, China, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, etc.).

Since a friend of mine commented in an e-mail to check out his updated web
site and that he was amazed at the low cost of web hosting I started looking
around to see what is out there.

The following links may help you in your search.

http://www.hosting-review.com/top-10-lists/top-10-web-hosts.shtml
http://www.canadianwebhosting.com/

The top two Canadian sites appear to be the folowing:
http://hostpapa.ca/
http://www.vistapages.com/

HostPapa offers domain name for life while VistaPages offers more disk space,
and SSH/SSL but the domain names are an yearly extra cost.

I am planning to move my web site from my current ISP to one of these hosting
services since I use Rogers for Internet access. My current ISP, which I have
used for years, keeps reducing services relating to the web servers. They
recently turned off the ability to run any sort of cgi-bin scripts.

HostPapa looks to be the best choice for me. I'd be interested in any
information anyone might have on them.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: