linuxcaffe workskop ideas

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 13 01:52:46 UTC 2006

On 11/12/06, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> That way, the Toronto area might be served multiple ways by its users
> with no redundancy:
> absolute beginners -- Ubuntu workshops
> intermediate -- NewTLUG
> advanced/developers -- TLUG

I'm confused.  I thought newtlug existed as a political and regional
separation from "tlug" [gtalug]

There is no overlap between the different groups.  There's no reason
to avoid any topic which may or may not be occasionally covered by an
existing user group.

I also argue that for this reason there's no need for the workshops at
the cafe to shy away from or steer towards any particular topic or
style of presentation just because there are usergroups who may or may
not cover them.

Personally, I could go for a Gimp workshop, if only because I think
it's outrageously and unnecessarily convoluted; try making a
background transparent.  =/