linuxcaffe workskop ideas

John Macdonald john-Z7w/En0MP3xWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 13 03:03:34 UTC 2006

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 08:23:40PM -0500, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> Perhaps, if the interest exists, I would like to suggest to maintain the
> Linuxcaffe workshops as perhaps applicable to the very newest -- curious
> to FOSS, just installing or  just installed -- and think of NewTLUG as a
> slightly higher level (ie, "OK, I have it installed and going, what kind
> of neat things can I do with it?") Initial questions -- especially
> related to hardware support, installation and initial setup -- tend to
> be distro-specific, but the slightly-more-advanced stuff strikes me as
> completely distro-neutral and perhaps worth of separate treatment.

I'd figure that Linux Cafe, because of its limited size,
is better suited to smaller topics.  That often would mean
a specialized advanced topic that not many people are ready
to work with at the same time.  (Just as at University you
find introductory undergrad courses that have hundreds in
the same class, and later get to post-grad course that have
sometimes fewer than ten in a class.)

But the Cafe is a commercial venture and has to choose, in
part, based on what will make a sufficient profit to keep
the enterprise going, which might conflict sometimes with
the *TLUG activities.