Upgrading to Firefox 2.0?

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 5 22:25:11 UTC 2006

On 11/5/06, Mike Kallies <mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Naw, I think we just disagree on this.  MS is after money.  That's all
> they've ever been after.  World domination and crushing competition is
> all collateral damage.

Not true.  People are political.  Companies are political.  There are
very good national security reasons why China went Linux, and it's not
because of buggy Microsoft code, it's because of foreign interests;
espionage, sabotage, etc.

A well controlled monopoly OS also allows other great things, like
exploitable backdoors on home soil.  Gotta get dem terror'ists, even
if you hav'ta make 'em first.

Never blame money as the only drive, especially when there's already
lots of money flying around.  Other people, companies and bodies in
positions of power (governments, "etc") have a stake in things as
well.