Upgrading to Firefox 2.0?

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 5 22:38:44 UTC 2006

Sy Ali wrote:
> On 11/5/06, Mike Kallies <mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Naw, I think we just disagree on this.  MS is after money.  That's all
>> they've ever been after.  World domination and crushing competition is
>> all collateral damage.
>
> Not true.  People are political.  Companies are political.  There are
> very good national security reasons why China went Linux, and it's not
> because of buggy Microsoft code, it's because of foreign interests;
> espionage, sabotage, etc.

And money.

> A well controlled monopoly OS also allows other great things, like
> exploitable backdoors on home soil.  Gotta get dem terror'ists, even
> if you hav'ta make 'em first.

1) Spend money to make money. Buy expensive spy equipment, pay off database
companies to strike voters from the registry.

2) Reinvest surpluses and any profits back? into the military industrial complex.

3) Repeat 1 and 2 indefinitely.

> Never blame money as the only drive, especially when there's already
> lots of money flying around.  Other people, companies and bodies in
> positions of power (governments, "etc") have a stake in things as
> well.

That stake or power reflects, in large part, the amount of money said company or
political group controls. Power is a derivative of money, not the other way
around IMO.