internet cafes - thanks

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Sun May 28 17:42:11 UTC 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006, zleap-Tp5KeRqLOeNeoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org wrote:

> anyway,  it seems printing is an issue but i guess it's easier to provide
> wireless access, than trying to also provide wireless printing,  which I
> guess can be more expensive, due to extra configuration.

Actually no.  One of the major difference between the Internet and the
networks that existed earlier is that the Internet seperated the data link
layer and the network layer allowing for the transport of Internet data
over different types of physical networks.

Specifically, once the network interface is up and the routing is
configured the underlying network hardware is largely irrelevant.  If
they can set up network printing for a wired network they can do it for a
wireless network.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073