cups and my network printer

zleap-Tp5KeRqLOeNeoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org zleap-Tp5KeRqLOeNeoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 26 04:01:11 UTC 2006

are both the cups ports open thats 9100 and 631.  also you have local and
network options I had to do trial and error for this but do you need both
ports open?

Regarding permissions I am sure that sometimes when adding printers using
kde I have to go to the administrator button and enter the root password
hance setting things up as root.

also is this any use
\
http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-list/2004-January/msg00986.html

to conclude what this says

You need to put an entry in /etc/services to allow the port to be recognized
by xinetd.

lpd             631/tcp                         # lpd/CUPS port
lpd             631/udp                         # lpd/CUPS port

Paul