EM64T and linux

Phillip Qin Phillip.Qin-szgMhqSEIEG+XT7JhA+gdA at public.gmane.org
Tue May 2 14:06:34 UTC 2006

Every one has its preference in choosing hardware and o/s. I like to deal
with the known devil. Because I ordered 2-CPU Xeon, I have no choice but
accept this 64-bit architecture. Because AMD64 is still in unstable, I will
only install Debian 3.1 Sarge i386 on the new server. It is a politically
safe decision. Boss won't care much about the benchmark. Tell you guys the
truth. This aging Dell server has been running Linux since 1999. When all
other Windows NT servers experience hardware crashes during the past two
month, it still stands there.

PQ