Script to remove files older than 30 days?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 14 10:34:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 07:23:43AM -0400, Scott Allen wrote
> On Tue Jun 13,2006 12:48:30 AM Walter Dnes wrote:
> >Does eclean auto-magically transfer ownership of the tarball
> >to the latest installed version?  If so, it would be ideal
> >for my needs.
>
> With the -d switch, I believe eclean will keep only the files that
> would be required to re-build the versions of the packages that you
> currently have installed. I think, therefore, the answer is yes.

  I ran "eclean -d distfiles" and it said...
" * Total space that has been freed in distfiles directory: 155.8 M"

  Next, I did an "emerge --sync" on the secondary machine which uses the
main machine as a mirror.  I followed that with a --fetchonly emerge.
All the files appeared to come from the "first mirror", i.e.
http://192.168.123.252:1024 and they came through at approx 11.15 mega-
*BYTES* per second!!!  I have boa serving out /usr/portage/distfiles on
my main machine.  So that worked out OK.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca