The "new" news service at Sympatico

Mel Wilson mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 13 17:27:25 UTC 2006

Scott Allen wrote:
> On Tue Jun 13,2006 06:13:55 AM Paul King wrote:
>> I was just wondering if anyone who is on Sympatico heard about
>> them using a new news-hosting service.
[ ... ]
>> Does it suck as much as the original Sympatico service did?
> What sucked about it? I never had a problem. However, I just pull all
> the latest articles, daily, from the groups I read, to a local spool. I
> then read offline when I have the time.

"Sucked" is kind of extreme.  Completeness was spotty, both
for posts and groups (it didn't carry comp.risks, for
example.)  Reading on-line you could find the server going
cataleptic for the odd few minutes, every once in a while.

Worst is the new basic service doesn't allow posting.  I
have an email in asking what the extended service costs,
before I click "activate", but I've got no answer yet.

	Cheers,        Mel.