djp (linuxcaffe) ghost poster

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 21 14:34:58 UTC 2006

David J Patrick wrote:

> Hi team !
> I have an embarrassing confession to make;
> I'm an inadvertent ghost poster !
>
> It's like this; I started to use gmail about a year ago. I know, "no
> big deal", but I have been surprised that NONE of my pithy comments,
> nor pertinent posts, have been responded to. For the longest time, I
> assumed that it was because.. uhhh... nothing I posted was interesting
> enough, or that you guys and gals were just getting bored of the whole
> linuxcaffe thang.
>
> I knew the messages were getting through, because I could see my posts
> in both the sent box AND in the Inbox thread.

You could see it in the Inbox thread? What Inbox thread? Where?

> WRONG !
>
> according to gmane, I just don't exist !
> conspiracy ? NO !
> stupidity !
>
> I'm sending from a new address and not getting past the filter !
>
> POO !
>
> OK, I figgered that out (with a little help from my friends) and I'm
> ready to jump back into the fray ! I'm even going to comb through my
> send box and resend all of the clever messages that never got out.

One year of messages all at once, now?

> So incase you though I was being distant and aloof, NOT SO !
> just daft !
>
> so HELLO again,
> we miss you,
> all is forgiven,
> djp

Welcome back, we spoke at the Linux World show.
I figured that you were just in "stealth" lurk mode :-)

Seriously, David, are you interested in speaking on Linux and
applications for small and medium-sized businesses?
Perhaps you'll inspire more businesses to make the move (or at least,
explore the possibilities).
I for one, will be interested in your perspective since operating
linuxcaffe.
You can always contact me off list.

Meng Cheah