Printing Error

Andrej Marjan amarjan-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 12 16:29:35 UTC 2006

Stephen W. Clarke wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I posted this to the richo list at linuxprinting.org last month but they
> haven't been able to help me yet so I thought I'd see if any of you had
> any ideas.
>
> I've upgraded some workstations to Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper and now am unable to
> print to the shared printer (Richo Aficio 250) we have in the main office.
> I could get Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy to print using the generic PCL4 setup and
> the laserjet driver, but now nothing.

Dapper broke my printing at home as well -- though I get about 50 pages
of postscript -- but it's been a very low priority for me to fix. There
have been a few posts at a KDE developer's blog
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/blog/418 claiming that Ubuntu ships with a
crippled CUPS, and giving instructions on how to un-cripple it.

Perhaps the problems are related. If you fix it soon, please let me
know, and save me the trouble of researching it for myself. ;)