Printing Error

Stephen W. Clarke stephenc-wtWqQT8woy8 at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 11 15:20:46 UTC 2006

Hey guys,

I posted this to the richo list at linuxprinting.org last month but they
haven't been able to help me yet so I thought I'd see if any of you had
any ideas.

I've upgraded some workstations to Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper and now am unable to
print to the shared printer (Richo Aficio 250) we have in the main office.
I could get Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy to print using the generic PCL4 setup and
the laserjet driver, but now nothing.

After the upgrade every driver I use produces the same error.

I get one page that has the following text on it:
%!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%Title: PPR Test Page %%DocumentNeededResources: font
Helvetica %%F

This page is then followed by 50 blank pages.

I have attempted to add extra fonts to see if this is a font related issue
as could be indicated by the error, but no joy so far.

Any thoughts?

Stephen

--
Stephen W. Clarke