Is this a problem the OSS community could handle?

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 31 00:52:13 UTC 2006

Sounds interesting.
I am just wondering:

the wand is probably the expensive piece, i am wondering why the software, or atleast the
basic data acquistion wouldnt be included? or really inexpensive?

is there a API/Protocol available for the interface?

if there isn't , one would have to get atleast one license and run it
(probably on a windows box?) and use a USB splicer and data dumper to look at the data
coming from it.

My guess is it works something like GNU radio appliance, i.e. a kick ass AtoD with a
Altera  FieldProgrammableGateArray type thing, and a usb controller.

It would be interesting to take a look at especially if it would have MANY deployments.

if you get anymore info, please post it.

-tl