whois

Ian Zimmerman nobrowser-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 27 03:44:50 UTC 2006

Fraser> I did something similar a few years ago.

[...]

Fraser> I would love to have relied on whois but I saw 2 problems with
Fraser> it.  The one you're talking about (lack of consistency in data)
Fraser> and also the fact that a lot of ISPs do show who specific
Fraser> subnets are delegated to ...

Here's what we're trying to ape^H^H^Happroximate:

http://www.senderbase.org/
http://www.trustedsource.org/

(particularly the first one).  Any idea how they decide what's the same
"network" or "ISP"?

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.