Mandatory Skills :)

marius anarcap-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 26 14:53:13 UTC 2006

On 1/24/06, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> So someone has been using windows and unix, java, vb script, and com, on
> apache and iis, and dealt with firewalls, linux and sql and started
> using html when it just came out?
>
> Someone is out of their minds. :)
>
> Some 'OR' options in there would be good.  After all who would use both
> IIS and apache at the same time.  Same for the other combinations.

There are quite a few heterogeneous environments out there. For one of
my clients I'm supporting Win2K and Win2003, HP-UX and OpenVMS. The
Windows boxes are running either IIS or Apache, depending on the
application. There's a lot of Java. The databases are mainly SQL
Server and Oracle with some DB2. It's the end product of years of
mergers, acquisitions and pet projects of former CIOs.

//mts

--
"Playing safe is only playing."
         Fortune Cookie from Simon's Wok