Mandatory Skills :)

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 21 05:12:55 UTC 2006

On 1/20/06, Muhammad Imran <imranqau-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Sorry, this is somewhat offtopic... but I found it really amusing... This
> was posted on a major job search site:
>
> Position: Web Developer
>
> Mandatory Skills: UNIX (7 years); JAVA (7 years); APACHE (7 years);
> WEBLOGIC
> (7 years);
> ASP (7 years); COM (7 years); VB SCRIPT (7 years); IIS (7 years);
> LOADRUNNER
> (7 years);
> HTML (10 years); FIREWALL (5 years); LINUX (5 years); SQL (5 years);

Having seenan HR person (OK, OK, he was a headhunter) mangle Digital's
networking protocol into DELNET (should have been DECNET, like Digital
Equipment Company), I'm guessing it's possible that the HR person took a
couple of lists like this:

Unix, Java; Apache, WebLogic, ASP, COM, VB Scripting; IIS, Load Runner;
seven years.
HTML; ten years;
Firewall experience, Linux, SQL. five years;

And they decided to expand it or .. punch it up a little. Of course, one
wonders why the person they want is supposed to have seven years of Unix but
only five years of Linux. Is that what the exchange rate is on Unix to Linux
these days?

Alex