disgustingly offtopic: energy shopping

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 19 18:26:08 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 01:19:15PM -0500, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I'm flailing around looking for any suggestions or resources that may
> exist regarding the election of, and shopping for, alternative suppliers
> of electricity and natural gas in the GTA.
>
> If you prefer not to 'pollute' the mailing list with something so
> clearly not Linux-related, send me a private response. But finding
> decent explanations of the system, let alone the options, have not been
> easy to come by. Toronto Hydro and Enbridge aren't exactly going to make
> it easy to find the competition.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Actually, I'm interested any explanation, as to why people keep knocking
on my doors trying to sell gas and (now) electricity.  On surface,
prices are fixed for 5 years.  But, isn't that what government supposed
to be doing already?

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
BashDiff: Super Bash shell