IBM laptop

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 16 01:03:15 UTC 2006

On Sunday 15 January 2006 19:58, Christopher Browne wrote:
> On 1/15/06, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Christopher Browne wrote:
> > >And the killer question:  How do you find that URL from elsewhere at
> > >the Lenovo web site?  If you search the Lenovo site looking for
> > >"Linux", you just get pointers to IBM Global Services.
> >
> > It's hardly a killer question; indeed, it's a technical rather than a
> > political/policy one. To find the page myself, I had to do the horribly
> > difficult chore of googling "lenovo linux"; it's not the first time that
> > I've found Google's search capabilities to surpass those of the sites
> > themselves.
>
> No, this is NOT a technical question.
>
> How easy it is to find Linux support on the Lenovo site most certainly
> *does* tell us something about what kind of priority it represents to
> them.

In that regards, it is important to me, the buyer.
If I don't find linux somewhere (and quickly) I will move on.
It is not like the old times, when laptop and linux where 2 words dangerous
when pronounced at the same time. Nowadays some laptops even comes with linux
installed. So why bother more for a vendor (which support for linux starts on
the wrong foot)?

Vendor, if you read this list, and you want my business, then take the linux
market into account (and give me a discount for the tip :) ).