IBM laptop

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 15 22:01:31 UTC 2006

Christopher Browne wrote:

>That URL gets immediately redirected to an IBM site.  http://www-307.ibm.com/

... which means nothing of consequence, considering that as we know
thinkpads still get to use the IBM name for a period of time. The top of
the page says Lenovo and the look-and-feel of the site is clearly no
longer IBM's (no blue), yet the copyright at the bottom says IBM. So
what? Let's cut some slack during what is still very much a transition
process; Lenovo has barely been able to make its mark on its new
acquisition.

>And the killer question:  How do you find that URL from elsewhere at
>the Lenovo web site?  If you search the Lenovo site looking for
>"Linux", you just get pointers to IBM Global Services.

It's hardly a killer question; indeed, it's a technical rather than a
political/policy one. To find the page myself, I had to do the horribly
difficult chore of googling "lenovo linux"; it's not the first time that
I've found Google's search capabilities to surpass those of the sites
themselves.

- Evan